Riverside, CA 92509
Riverside is a part of the greater Los Angeles metropolitan area with a population of 303,871. It is the most populous city in the Inland Empire and Riverside County as the twelfth most populous city in California. Riverside is the county seat for Riverside County.
Riverside is a growing economic center and has quickly morphed into the 59th largest city in the United States. The city of Riverside has some of the most expansive roads and freeways as the largest city in California’s Inland Empire metro area. With such extensive transportation and financial growth, Riverside residents have a high chance of being injured or being involved in an accident.
If you have been injured in Riverside California, it is in your best interest to contact the personal injury attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Riverside Personal Injury & Serious Injury Law Attorneys
Over the last ten years the city of Riverside’s population has grown 20 percent. While Riverside’s growth is positive for the city’s economy, the chance of injury or employer’s neglect is high. Any person who wants to file a personal injury or employment law claim should contact the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC have over twenty years of experience in Californian personal injury and employment law. We have compassion for our clients and are dedicated to each and every case we accept. Put your claim in the right hands. Call the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC to discuss your claim with a firm who has procured settlements in the millions for our clients.
Yarian & Associates, APC practices law in the Los Angeles County and Tulare County area and adjoining cities including Long Beach, Bell, Irwindale, Los Angeles, Glendale, San Bernardino, and Pasadena.
Get in contact with Yarian & Associates, APC today, either by dialing (844) 291-1911 or submitting an online form today.
Overview of Yarian & Associates, APC‘s Riverside Location in California
- Common Injuries
- Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Top Employers
- Law Enforcement
- Court Resources
- Additional Resources
Common Injuries Sustained in Riverside, California
According to the Institute of Medicine, preventable medical malpractice is responsible for killing up to 98,000 Americans annually. Additionally, the Association for Safe International Road Travel reported that nearly 37,000 people die in road crashes each year. Riverside is not exempt from these statistics. The growing population and economy of Riverside creates a high risk of injury and death.
Some common injuries in Riverside, California include:
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premise liability accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
Car Accident Statistics in the City of Riverside, California
There are several major roads and freeways intersecting in Riverside. With such a busy metropolitan area, injury due to auto accidents is incredibly common. The following is some 2015 statistics released by the California Office of Traffic Safety about car accidents in Riverside.
|Type of Collision||Victims Killed & Injured|
|Alcohol Involved Accidents||267|
|Alcohol Involved Accident with a Minor||15|
|Pedestrian Accidents with a Minor||11|
|Pedestrian Accidents with a Elder||5|
|Bicyclist Accidents with a Minor||5|
|Night Time Related Accidents||257|
|Hit and Run||184|
|Total Fatal and Injury||1,469|
Riverside Motorcycle Accidents Information
A motorcyclist is in an incredibly vulnerable position if involved in an accident. Insurance companies consider driving a motorcycle inherently dangerous and frequently deny settlement claims to injured victims. In addition, any motorcycle accident can result in grave injuries to the biker.
The following are some common injuries that motorcyclists can face in an accident.
- Broken Bones
- Neck Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury
- Road Rash
- Fractured Skulls
Riverside is a hub for motorcyclists in California. Motorcycle clubs are becoming more popular every day, with about 100 members per group. There is an estimated 200 motorcyclists perusing Riverside highways, leading to a rise in motorcycle accidents.
In a recent study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) the following statistics were released regarding motorcycle accidents from 2015.
- 80,000 riders were injured and nearly 5,000 riders were killed in motorcycle accidents
- Motorcycle deaths have increased by 8 percent from 2014
- Two-wheeled motorcycles accounted for 93 percent of all fatal crashes
- Motorcyclists account for 14 percent of all traffic fatalities
Dog Bite Injuries in the City of Riverside
Over time, Riverside County has experienced an increase in urbanization. Due to this incline, there are now more dogs and other animals being kept in close proximity to humans, including children. These factors have led to an increase in dog and animal bites injuries in Riverside, California.
Dog bites have become a public health and safety issue in the city of Riverside. Even with the city’s strict regulations, dog bites are still prevalent. In 2013, there were 451 claims in California for attacks that cost insurers over $30,000.
The following is a report for dog bites by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in 2015.
- 5 Million dog bites occur in the United States annually
- In regards to the U.S. population, this means 1 in 7 people are bitten by dogs
- The most likely candidate for a dog bite were children seven and under
- During 2005 to 2017, canines killed 433 Americans
- The most common type of dogs to bite were pit bulls, American bulldogs, and mastiff-type dogs.
Riverside, California’s Top Employers
Riverside has a booming economy with leading significant manufacturing and non-manufacturing sectors. The Riverside Unified School District has over 50 schools that they serve with many teachers, faculty, and educative administrators. Alternatively, there are several industrial parks including Sycamore Canyon Industrial, Park and Airport Industrial Areas and Hunter Industrial Park.
According to the city of Riverside’s 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the top employers in Riverside include:
- County of Riverside – 11,956
- University of California, Riverside – 8,306
- Kaiser Permanente – 4,500
- Riverside Unified School District – 4,000
- City of Riverside – 2,507
- Riverside Community Hospital – 2,400
- Riverside County Office of Education – 1,765
- Alvord Unified School District – 1,445
- Parkview Community Hospital – 1,350
- Riverside Community College District – 1,061
Law Enforcement Resources and Agencies in Riverside, CA
- Riverside Police Department – Sergio G. Diaz is the police chief of the Riverside Police Department. With over 409 sworn officers and 200 civilian employees whose mission is to serve the community and lower Riverside’s crime rate. The Riverside Police Department is located at 4102 Orange Street in Riverside California.
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Department – Stanley Sniff is the current sheriff for Riverside County and was appointed in 2007. The Sheriff of Riverside County serves 26 cities with populations ranging from 4,958 to 193,365. The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department operates the Riverside County’s jail system for short and long-term incarceration services.
- California Highway Patrol (CHP) – The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is dedicated to keeping the freeways of California safe for motorcyclists and drivers. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. appointed Warren A. Stanley as the 15th Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol. The department has 11,000 members. The southern location at 411 N. Central Avenue in Glendale California
- Riverside Fire Department – Riverside’s Fire Department provides fire protection and emergency medical services for the city. Michael Moore is the 21st Fire Chief for the city of Riverside.
- Riverside Community Police Review Commission – Nine members advise the Major and City Council on all police and community relation issues. The Community Police Department conducts hearing and makes findings to advise the Police Department regarding their practices and policies.
City of Riverside Court Resources in California
Riverside, California is governed by both a mayor and city council. The city council is composed of seven members, and the mayor is elected in a standard city-wide election. In the Superior Court of California, Riverside is listed under the eastern division. Riverside County is a part of the Central District of California.
- Riverside Civil Courts – The City of Riverside Civil Court provides a system for private parties to file claims and resolve disputes. Civil court can provide monetary damages, and equitable remedies, including injunctions. The Riverside Civil Court is located at 4050 Main Street.
- Supreme Court of California – California’s highest court is the Supreme Court of California. The California’s court system serves 39 million people, making it one of the largest and most complex in the United States. California’s Supreme Court has 1 Chief Justice and 6 Associate Justices.
- 4th District Court of Appeal – A Court of Appeals is in charge of appeals from trial courts. The 4th District Court of Appeal is very large and divided into three divisions. Riverside is located in Division Two for the District Court of Appeal. Each division has a Presiding Justice and an Administrative Presiding Justice for the entire Fourth District. The Fourth District Court of Appeal is located at 3389 12th
- City Attorney of Riverside – The City of Riverside Attorney advises and represents City Council and defends the city’s officers and employees. The appointed City Attorney for Riverside is Greg Priamos.
Local Transportation and Major Freeways in the City of Riverside
Riverside California is close to the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Commuters, visitors, and other traveling Californians regularly move through Riverside freeways and local transportation. With such a growing population and proximity to Los Angeles, Riverside residents have a high chance of auto and train accidents.
The following are major freeways and public transportation options in Riverside.
- State Route 60 (Pomona Freeway or Moreno Valley Freeway)
- Interstate 215 (or I-215)
- State Route 91
- 91 Lines
- Riverside Line
- Yellow Cab
- Commuter Link Express
- Riverside Transit
Education in Riverside, California
The Riverside Unified School District (RUSD) serves a large portion of Riverside as well as unincorporated areas of Highgrove and Woodcrest in Riverside County. RUSD is the fifteenth largest school district in California. It serves 42,000 students in 50 schools in Riverside. It is governed by an elected Board of Education which consists of five members and Superintendant Dr. David Hansen.
With so many schools, students, and staff, school accidents are bound to happen in the RUSD. The following are a few Riverside public schools:
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Riverside STEM Academy
- Poly High School
- Ramona High School
- Summit View (EOC) High School
- Martin Luther King High School
- Arlington High School
- Central Middle School
- Sierra Middle School
- University Heights Middle School
- Frank Augustus Miller Middle School
- Chemawa Middle School
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School
- Liberty Elementary School
- Woodcrest Elementary School
- Tomas Rivera Elementary School
- Sunshine Elementary School
- Fremont Elementary School
- Hyatt Elementary School
Our attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC are experienced in California civil law. Yarian & Associates, APC practices both personal injury and employment law in the city of Riverside and surrounding areas. Let us be your partner in this legal process. The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC will evaluate your claim, investigate all aspects of your case, and do our best to get the maximum compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Practices:
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Child Abuse
- Drowning and Pool Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- School Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Improperly Secured Loads
- Loss of Cargo
- Passenger Transportation Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Uber or Lyft Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Premise Liability
- Train and Metrolink Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
Employment Law Practices:
- Wrongful Termination
- Termination after Disability
- Overtime Violations
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Racial Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Worker’s Compensation
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Hostile Work Environment
County of Riverside Transportation Department – Visit the website of the County of Riverside’s Transportation Department. See highway maintenance plans, engineering services, current and projected land development projects, the differing types of local transportation, and how the city handles inclement weather.
The Superior Court of California: County of Riverside – Visit the website for the County of Riverside’s court. Find the location, judges, and resources for Riverside’s civil courts. Access the different forms available to Riverside residents, online services by the Superior Court, and general info for the differing legal processes.
City of Riverside – Visit the government website for the City of Riverside and see how the Riverside community offers a vibrant lifestyle, thriving education, variety of parks and space, and commitment to culture and the arts. Look at how you can engage with city of Riverside, the differing shops, public utilities, and homelessness solutions.
Find a Attorney for Personal Injury & Employment Law in Riverside, CA
Are you suffering or have suffered from an injury due to someone else’s negligence? Do not face this alone. Contact the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Our attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC have two decades worth of experience in handling serious personal injury cases. Yarian & Associates, APC understand how stressful the legal process can be. We want to help you through this hurdle and help get you the best possible result. Yarian & Associates, APC handles cases throughout California including nearby cities such as Long Beach, Pasadena, Los Angeles, Irwindale, Bell Gardens, Irvine, Visalia, Glendale, Burbank and San Bernardino.
Take the right steps. Call (844) 291-1911 for an experienced personal injury or employment law attorney in Riverside, California.
This article was last updated on June 26th, 2018.