Corona Motorcycle Accident Lawyer
It only takes two seconds for a reckless driver to alter your life forever. While Corona residents love to travel around on a motorcycle, getting into an accident on a motorcycle can have devastating effects that can permanently disable your ability to work, physically care for your family, or take care of your own physical needs.
If you have suffered an injury in a Corona motorcycle accident, you should contact Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC, immediately to learn your legal options and rights. Do not wait until you are feeling better. The sooner you get started, the sooner you can pursue the compensation you deserve.
California Weather Contributes to Frequency of Motorcycle Accidents
There are more than 180,000 people who live in Corona, California. Across the area, thousands of college students travel back and forth to school and residents travel back and forth to work. The average commute time in Corona is 35 minutes.
Given the size of California, it should come as no surprise to learn there are more than 700,000 registered motorcycles across the state. Since the weather is mild year-round in Corona, it is no big surprise to learn motorcycles are everywhere.
Motorcycle accidents are constantly a concern. In recent years, despite a decline in the number of fatal motorcycle accidents, too many are reported annually.
Our Successes With California Roadway Accidents
Every accident is different every victim’s injuries are different. At Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC, we take pride in how we treat every case individually. We do not make assumptions about your case until we have all the facts.
While there is never a guarantee that our past results indicate potential results in your case, you can feel confident knowing we fight hard to pursue the maximum compensation for each of our clients.
Some of our recent successes with roadway accidents include:
- $122,000 – A young parent of four was involved in a car accident. We filed a lawsuit alleging that as a result of the impact, they suffered from memory loss.
- $105,000 – A young individual was involved in a car accident in which the property damage was only two thousand dollars. However, the doctors indicated that the client needed back surgery.
- $8,250,000 – A driver of a small SUV gets rear-ended on a major freeway by a careless truck driver. The driver was then transported to the hospital and pronounced dead a few hours later. The truck driver pleaded the Fifth Amendment regarding their intoxication and exercised their right to remain silent at their deposition. The family of the deceased received this compensation.
Common Motorcycle Accident Injuries in Corona
Motorcycle operators have very little protection when they get into an accident. While the thrill of the “open road” may excite you, the lack of protection from an accident can scare everyone.
Some of the injuries you may have suffered because another driver was not paying attention include:
- Road rash – Some people think road rash is not a big deal. But the facts tell us something different. There are three different degrees of road rash. The most serious, third degree, can result in significant bleeding, permanent disfigurement, and scarring. Victims often have deep wounds from road rash, exposing muscles, tendons, and bones. All road rash, even the least serious forms, can cause serious infections.
- Broken bones – It is probably no surprise that victims of motorcycle accidents often suffer broken bones. After all, if a victim is thrown from their bike, regardless of how slowly they are traveling, they hit the hard pavement and the impact can result in broken limbs, ribs, or a fractured skull.
- Crushing injuries – If a motorcyclist is pinned under their motorcycle, they can suffer crushing injuries that can cause internal hemorrhaging. These injuries can take weeks or months to recover from.
- Head and neck injuries – Along with the pounding your body takes when hitting the ground, chances are high that you have suffered a head or neck injury after a motorcycle accident. Unfortunately, many victims suffer a traumatic brain injury (TBI), which can alter their moods, make it impossible to care for themselves, and damage their day-to-day lives.
While these are among the most serious injuries victims of Corona motorcycle accident victims may suffer, they are not the only ones. Anytime you are involved in a motorcycle accident involving a car or truck, you will suffer serious injuries that require medical attention. Motorcycle accidents happen far too often on our roadways and in most cases, they are the fault of another driver’s failure to be aware of what is happening around them.
Determining Liability After a Motorcycle Accident in Corona, CA
As with any roadway accident, there is typically one party who is at fault. To determine fault, the results of the police report and potentially an accident reconstruction team may be required. Witness information following any roadway accident allows a personal injury attorney to interview the people who likely saw what led up to the accident.
Several roadways in Corona have traffic cameras that can also help with accident reconstruction if your accident occurred near them.
Some of the potentially liable parties may include:
- One or more other drivers on the roadway
- The employer of the driver, as in the case of a rideshare or truck driver
- A municipality if a road defect partially caused the accident
- A parts manufacturer if a blown tire or other part defect caused the accident
These are only some of the parties who may be at fault when you are involved in a Corona motorcycle accident.
Bearing the High Cost of Motorcycle Crashes
Damages to your bike and your person. How can you recover financially after a Corona motorcycle accident? California insurance requirements require all motor vehicle operators to maintain $15,000 coverage for liability. The problem, of course, is if you are involved in a motorcycle accident, this may be insufficient to cover the potential losses you could suffer.
Some of the damages you may collect after an accident include:
- Medical care – the cost of your medical care for the injury you sustained in a motorcycle crash. This includes out-of-pocket costs for the medical treatment you received immediately after the accident as well as full coverage for any follow-up treatment including pain medication, medical equipment (crutches or braces), rehabilitation costs, and surgical procedures. Those expenses your medical insurance would not cover are compensable.
- Wage losses – being unable to go to your regular job is difficult when your family depends on your income. You can claim lost income including benefits, overtime, and potentially bonus money you missed out on by filing a motorcycle accident claim. If you can’t return to work at all, you may also be entitled to put in a claim for the wages you will lose in the future.
- Other losses – many motorcycle accident victims have household responsibilities such as taking their children to after-school activities, yard work and cleanup, and more. If your injuries are serious enough to warrant having someone else do these chores on your behalf, chances are they will be charging you for their labor. In these cases, you may be able to include these losses in your accident claim.
In all cases, keep track of all the expenses you pay and discuss them with your motorcycle accident attorney at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC. We can help you determine which expenses you may include in your settlement demand. Our clients are usually surprised to learn the extent of compensation they are entitled to collect after suffering an injury due to another party’s negligent behavior.
Never Assume the Insurance Company Will Treat You Fairly
One of the most significant mistakes we find with clients who contact us for help following an accident is that they assume the insurance company will deal with them in good faith. In some cases, only after weeks of working with an insurance adjuster does a victim learn they are not getting anywhere answering questions, filling out documents, and responding to document requests.
The problem is this an insurance adjuster has a primary responsibility to work for the insurance company. They are not there to make sure you get the settlement you deserve; instead, they are there to make sure the insurance company is not paying out more than necessary against your claim.
Typically, adjusters and their employers are going to take every legal step to minimize your claim.
The tactics they use include:
- Victim blaming – Few things are more annoying than hearing you are partially responsible for your injuries after a Corona motorcycle accident. However, do not feel surprised if you learn the insurance company says that. This is one step they often take to get you to accept a lower settlement.
- Your injury is old – in some cases, if the insurance company has requested medical records, they will claim the injury you are suffering is not a new injury but an old one. This is one of the many reasons you should avoid signing any documents from an insurance company without having them reviewed by an attorney.
- Blaming another party – even if there were only two vehicles, the one that struck you and your motorcycle, the insurance company may tell you that had someone else not done something then your accident would not have occurred.
Do not be surprised by anything you hear from an adjuster. The fewer questions you answer the better off you will likely be when dealing with an insurance company. Rather than negotiating on your own behalf, let a skilled attorney who understands the tactics insurers use to minimize claims handle the negotiations on your behalf.
Paying for Legal Help Following a Corona Motorcycle Accident
Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC, understands victims who suffer an injury and need time to recuperate are worried about their finances. We also understand how important it is to get legal advice as quickly as possible following an accident. This is why we offer everyone who was in any roadway collision a free consultation.
A free legal consultation helps you understand your rights under California law and helps you better understand what legal options you have to pursue compensation by filing a motorcycle accident injury claim. This consultation is an opportunity for you to tell your story to an attorney who will evaluate the strength of your case.
If we present you with the option to seek the compensation you deserve following an accident, then you decide whether to hire an attorney from Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC to represent you. Should you decide to do so, you will not owe us attorney’s fees unless we obtain a settlement on your behalf.
Remember, you remain in control. We do not make decisions for you. We will present you with any offers and a recommendation from our attorney, but at the end of the day, the decision to accept the offer always remains with you.
Get the Help You Deserve Today
If a motorcycle accident injured you and you don’t know where to turn, contact Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC at (951) 523-0000 immediately. Let us evaluate your case and discuss your options with you so you can make an informed decision about seeking compensation from the person or parties that injured you.
Yarian Motorcycle Accident Corona, CA Office Location1611 Pomona Rd #222
Corona, CA 92878
Phone: +1 951-523-0000