Riverside Personal Injury Law Firm
Riverside has a population of 303,871. It is the most populous city in the Inland Empire, and Riverside County is the twelfth most populous city in California.
Riverside has a growing economic center and has quickly morphed into the 59th largest city in the United States. The city of Riverside has some of the most expansive roads and freeways as the largest city in California’s Inland Empire metro area. With such extensive transportation and financial growth, Riverside residents have a high chance of being injured or involved in an accident.
If you have been injured in Riverside, California, it is in your best interest to contact the personal injury attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC.
Riverside Personal Injury & Serious Injury Law Attorneys
Over the last ten years, the city of Riverside’s population has grown 20 percent. While Riverside’s growth is positive for the city’s economy, the chance of injury is high.
The attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC have over twenty years of experience in personal injury. We have compassion for our clients and are dedicated to every case we accept. Put your claim in the right hands. Call the attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC to discuss your claim with a firm that has procured settlements in the millions for our clients.
Overview of Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC‘s Riverside Location in California
- Common Injuries
- Accident Statistics
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Dog Bites
- Law Enforcement
- Court Resources
- Additional Resources
Common Injuries Sustained in Riverside, California
According to the Institute of Medicine, preventable medical malpractice is responsible for killing up to 98,000 Americans annually. Additionally, the Association for Safe International Road Travel reported that nearly 37,000 people die in road crashes each year. Riverside is not exempt from these statistics. The growing population and economy of Riverside create a high risk of injury and death.
Some common personal injuries in Riverside, California, include:
- Truck accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premise liability accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
Car Accident Statistics in the City of Riverside, California
Several major roads and freeways are intersecting in Riverside. With such a busy metropolitan area, injury due to auto accidents is incredibly common. The following are some 2018 statistics released by the California Office of Traffic Safety about car accidents in Riverside.
|Type of Collision
|Victims Killed & Injured
|Alcohol Involved Accidents
|Alcohol Involved Accident with a Minor
|Pedestrian Accidents with a Minor
|Pedestrian Accidents with an Elder
|Bicyclist Accidents with a Minor
|Night Time Related Accidents
|Hit and Run
|Total Fatal and Injury
Riverside Motorcycle Accidents Information
A motorcyclist is in an incredibly vulnerable position if involved in an accident. Insurance companies consider driving a motorcycle inherently dangerous and frequently deny settlement claims to injured victims. In addition, any motorcycle accident can result in grave injuries to the biker.
The following are some common injuries that motorcyclists can face in an accident.
- Broken Bones
- Neck Injury
- Spinal Cord Injury
- Brain Injury
- Road Rash
- Fractured Skulls
Riverside is a hub for motorcyclists in California. Motorcycle clubs are becoming more popular every day, with about 100 members per group. There is an estimated 200 motorcyclists perusing Riverside highways, leading to a rise in motorcycle accidents.
In a recent study conducted by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), the following statistics were released regarding motorcycle accidents from 2018.
- There were a total of 80,000 riders that were injured and 4,985 riders that were killed in motorcycle accidents alone.
- Motorcycle deaths have decreased by 5% in 2018 but are still overrepresented in traffic fatalities.
- Motorcyclists account for 14 percent of all traffic fatalities.
- Motorcyclists are 28 times more likely to die in a traffic accident than passenger cars.
Dog Bite Injuries in the City of Riverside
Over time, Riverside County has experienced an increase in urbanization. Due to this incline, more dogs and other animals are being kept in close proximity to humans, including children. These factors have led to an increase in dog and animal bite injuries in Riverside, California.
Dog bites have become a public health and safety issue in the city of Riverside. Even with the city’s strict regulations, dog bites are still prevalent. In 2013, there were 451 claims in California for attacks that cost insurers over $30,000.
The following is a report for dog bites by the Center for Disease Control (CDC) in 2015.
- 5 million dog bites occur in the United States annually
- In regards to the U.S. population, this means 1 in 7 people are bitten by dogs
- The most likely candidate for a dog bite were children seven and under
- From 2005 to 2017, canines killed 433 Americans
- The most common type of dogs to bite were pit bulls, American bulldogs, and mastiff-type dogs.
Riverside, California’s Top Employers
Riverside has a booming economy with leading significant manufacturing and non-manufacturing sectors. The Riverside Unified School District has over 50 schools that they serve with many teachers, faculty, and educative administrators. Alternatively, several industrial parks, including Sycamore Canyon Industrial, Park and Airport Industrial Areas, and Hunter Industrial Park.
According to the city of Riverside’s 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the top employers in Riverside include:
- County of Riverside – 11,956
- University of California, Riverside – 8,306
- Kaiser Permanente – 4,500
- Riverside Unified School District – 4,000
- City of Riverside – 2,507
- Riverside Community Hospital – 2,400
- Riverside County Office of Education – 1,765
- Alvord Unified School District – 1,445
- Parkview Community Hospital – 1,350
- Riverside Community College District – 1,061
Law Enforcement Resources and Agencies in Riverside, CA
- Riverside Police Department – Sergio G. Diaz is the police chief of the Riverside Police Department. With over 409 sworn officers and 200 civilian employees whose mission is to serve the community and lower Riverside’s crime rate. The Riverside Police Department is located at 4102 Orange Street in Riverside California.
- Riverside County Sheriff’s Department – Stanley Sniff is the current sheriff for Riverside County and was appointed in 2007. The Sheriff of Riverside County serves 26 cities with populations ranging from 4,958 to 193,365. The Riverside County Sheriff’s Department operates Riverside County’s jail system for short and long-term incarceration services.
- California Highway Patrol (CHP) – The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is dedicated to keeping the freeways of California safe for motorcyclists and drivers. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. appointed Warren A. Stanley as the 15th Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol. The department has 11,000 members. The southern location at 411 N. Central Avenue in Burbank California
- Riverside Fire Department – Riverside’s Fire Department provides fire protection and emergency medical services for the city. Michael Moore is the 21st Fire Chief for the city of Riverside.
- Riverside Community Police Review Commission – Nine members advise the Major and City Council on all police and community relation issues. The Community Police Department conducts hearings and makes findings to advise the Police Department regarding their practices and policies.
City of Riverside Court Resources in California
Riverside, California is governed by both a mayor and city council. The city council is composed of seven members, and the mayor is elected in a standard city-wide election. In the Superior Court of California, Riverside is listed under the eastern division. Riverside County is a part of the Central District of California.
- Riverside Civil Courts – The City of Riverside Civil Court provides a system for private parties to file claims and resolve disputes. Civil court can provide monetary damages and equitable remedies, including injunctions. The Riverside Civil Court is located at 4050 Main Street.
- Supreme Court of California – California’s highest court is the Supreme Court of California. California’s court system serves 39 million people, making it one of the largest and most complex in the United States. California’s Supreme Court has 1 Chief Justice and 6 Associate Justices.
- 4th District Court of Appeal – A Court of Appeals is in charge of appeals from trial courts. The 4th District Court of Appeal is very large and divided into three divisions. Riverside is located in Division Two for the District Court of Appeal. Each division has a Presiding Justice and an Administrative Presiding Justice for the entire Fourth District. The Fourth District Court of Appeal is located at 3389 12th
- City Attorney of Riverside – The City of Riverside Attorney advises and represents City Council and defends the city’s officers and employees. The appointed City Attorney for Riverside is Greg Priamos.
Local Transportation and Major Freeways in the City of Riverside
Riverside California is close to the Los Angeles metropolitan area. Commuters, visitors, and other traveling Californians regularly move through Riverside freeways and local transportation. With such a growing population and proximity to Los Angeles, Riverside residents have a high chance of auto and train accidents.
The following are major freeways and public transportation options in Riverside.
- State Route 60 (Pomona Freeway or Moreno Valley Freeway)
- Interstate 215 (or I-215)
- State Route 91
- 91 Lines
- Riverside Line
- Yellow Cab
- Commuter Link Express
- Riverside Transit
Education in Riverside, California
The Riverside Unified School District (RUSD) serves a large portion of Riverside and unincorporated areas of Highgrove and Woodcrest in Riverside County. RUSD is the fifteenth largest school district in California. It serves 42,000 students in 50 schools in Riverside. It is governed by an elected Board of Education, consisting of five members and Superintendant Dr. David Hansen.
With so many schools, students, and staff, school accidents are bound to happen in the RUSD. The following are a few Riverside public schools:
- Abraham Lincoln High School
- Riverside STEM Academy
- Poly High School
- Ramona High School
- Summit View (EOC) High School
- Martin Luther King High School
- Arlington High School
- Central Middle School
- Sierra Middle School
- University Heights Middle School
- Frank Augustus Miller Middle School
- Chemawa Middle School
- John F. Kennedy Elementary School
- Liberty Elementary School
- Woodcrest Elementary School
- Tomas Rivera Elementary School
- Sunshine Elementary School
- Fremont Elementary School
- Hyatt Elementary School
Our attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC are experienced in every aspect of personal injury matters. Our goal is to get you back to where you were before the accident. We know how hard it is dealing with piling medical bills, lost wages, and vehicle expenses. The attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC will evaluate your claim, investigate all aspects of your case, and do our best to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Practices:
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Child Abuse
- Drowning and Pool Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- School Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Improperly Secured Loads
- Loss of Cargo
- Passenger Transportation Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Uber or Lyft Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Premise Liability
- Train and Metrolink Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
County of Riverside Transportation Department – Visit the website of the County of Riverside’s Transportation Department. See highway maintenance plans, engineering services, current and projected land development projects, the differing types of local transportation, and how the city handles inclement weather.
The Superior Court of California: County of Riverside – Visit the website for the County of Riverside’s court. Find the location, judges, and resources for Riverside’s civil courts. Access the different forms available to Riverside residents, online services by the Superior Court, and general info for the different legal processes.
The city of Riverside – Visit the government website for the City of Riverside and see how the Riverside community offers a vibrant lifestyle, thriving education, variety of parks and space, and commitment to culture and the arts. Look at how you can engage with the city of Riverside, the differing shops, public utilities, and homelessness solutions.
Find the Best Attorney for Your Personal Injury in Riverside, CA
Are you suffering or have suffered from an injury due to someone else’s negligence? Do not face this alone. Contact the attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC.
Our attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC have two decades worth of experience in handling serious personal injury cases. Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC understand how stressful the legal process can be. We want to help you through this hurdle and help get you the best possible result. Take the right steps. Call (818) 459-4999 for an experienced personal injury attorney in Riverside, California.