Corona Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
Walking is a healthy and positive alternative to driving, which is why so many Corona residents walk to work and school, on errands, and for exercise. Pedestrians are a common sight on the sidewalks and in the crosswalks inside the Grand Boulevard beltway, and on winding neighborhood streets from Eagle Glen to Fresno Canyon.
Unfortunately, while walking keeps us healthy, it also contributes to pedestrian accidents that can shatter accident victims’ worlds without warning, forcing them and their loved ones to contend with pain, inconvenience, and severe, unplanned financial burdens.
Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers can help. We represent Corona-area victims of pedestrian accidents in lawsuits and insurance claims seeking compensation for their injuries and losses. Contact us today to speak for free with an experienced legal professional who can explain your options for getting the money you need to pay for your care and to rebuild your life.
How Yarian Pedestrian Accident & Injury Attorneys Can Help
If you get hurt in a Corona pedestrian accident, you need a skilled, experienced lawyer to represent you and make sure you receive fair compensation from the at-fault party.
That’s what we do at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers. Armed with years of experience, we fight to hold reckless drivers and others accountable when they harm Corona pedestrians. We have a solid reputation and a successful track record of getting results for our injured clients. We strive to deliver smart, aggressive, individualized legal services.
To us, no pedestrian accident case is “business as usual.” We understand the pain our clients have suffered, and we focus on getting the compensation that meets their needs. Over the years, we have earned the respect and admiration of our peers in the legal community.
The services we provide to our pedestrian accident clients vary from case to case, depending on our clients’ needs and priorities. Often, however, they include:
Our team has years of experience in sizing-up cases quickly to determine how much money our clients should receive, and how best to go about securing that compensation from the parties at fault. We work one-on-one with clients and their family members, and team with forensic, medical, and financial experts when necessary to determine how a Corona pedestrian accident happened, who bears the blame for it, and the extent of the harm our clients suffered.
We also understand the importance of taking quick action to secure potentially valuable evidence that may prove our clients’ cases.
Our team of lawyers and legal professionals may:
- Secure photo and video evidence of accident scenes, including moving quickly to preserve any CCTV or security camera footage that may have captured the accident on film;
- Obtaining and analyzing medical records that we may use to prove the nature and extent of our clients’ injuries;
- Examining critical items of physical evidence, such as damaged vehicles, to determine what they can tell us about the wrongful actions that triggered an accident;
- Interviewing eyewitnesses who saw the accident or its aftermath, and may have information critical to proving who was at fault.
The sooner a Corona accident victim or victim’s family contacts us after getting hurt, the quicker we can act on their behalf to gather evidence that may prove crucial to getting them paid the money they need to meet their financial and life needs.
Securing Compensation In or Out of Court
By laying the groundwork through diligent case investigation, the Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers team puts our clients in the best possible position to obtain maximum compensation for their injuries and losses. Then, we get to work securing that money.
Our attorneys have years of experience and success in-and-out of the courtroom. We routinely negotiate favorable settlements with liability insurance companies and defense lawyers. But we’re also always prepared to fight for our clients’ cases in local courts if that’s what it takes to get results.
Who Is Liable for Your Corona Pedestrian Accident?
One of the most important jobs we have at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers involves identifying the party or parties who harmed our clients in a Corona pedestrian accident.
Every case is different. At the outset of our case investigation, there’s no telling who might bear legal and financial responsibility for what happened.
That said, we commonly find that one or more of the following parties owes damages to our clients in Corona pedestrian accident cases:
- Drivers who engage in careless or reckless behavior on Corona streets. Drivers can harm pedestrians by, for example, speeding, driving drunk or drugged, or texting-and-driving.
- Employers of drivers who cause a Corona pedestrian accident while driving a work vehicle, such as in the case of a pedestrian accident involving a delivery truck or a public transit bus.
- City or state government, or private road owners, if a pedestrian accident happened because of a failure of those parties to design, build, or maintain pedestrian-safe infrastructure, such as sidewalks, crosswalks, and streetlights.
- Automotive manufacturers, if a Corona pedestrian accident occurred because a defect in a car part led to a driver’s loss of control and a collision with a pedestrian.
These are just examples, of course. At Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, we never assume we know who or what caused a pedestrian accident until we dig into the evidence and research applicable laws and regulations.
Our mission is to track down every party who may owe money to our clients for their injuries and losses so that our clients have the best possible chance of securing every penny they need to pay for their care, rehabilitation, pain, and suffering.
Compensation You May Receive for a Corona Pedestrian Accident
Under California law, victims of pedestrian accidents in Corona usually have the right to take legal action seeking compensation from the at-fault party for their injuries and losses.
At Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, our team can often secure payment for our clients’:
- Medical expenses related to treating pedestrian accident injuries, including future expenses required for addressing anticipated health complications;
- Other out-of-pocket expenses pedestrian accident victims wouldn’t have had if the accident and their injuries hadn’t happened;
- Past and future lost income, including wages pedestrian accident victims couldn’t earn while they were out of work, healing from their injuries, and future earning opportunities their injuries prevent them from seizing;
- Pain, suffering, and loss of quality of life, including the inconvenience of living with a pedestrian accident injury, and the many ways an injury can interfere with a victim’s relationships and enjoyment of life.
- Exemplary damages, which a Riverside County court may award when the evidence clearly shows that the at-fault party in a pedestrian accident acted with oppression, fraud, or malice.
There’s no guarantee that a Corona pedestrian accident victim will receive these damages, and it doesn’t happen automatically. Instead, the most reliable way to give yourself the best possible chance of obtaining these damages is to hire a skilled, experienced pedestrian accident law firm like Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, which has a solid track record of success.
Common Pedestrian Accident Injuries We Handle
Pedestrian accidents often result in severe and even fatal injuries. Victims commonly need an attorney who understands the medical science and financial impact of those sorts of injuries to ensure that they get all the money they need for care and treatment.
At Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, we draw on a deep well of knowledge and experience in helping all sorts of accident victims in Corona overcome the medical, financial, and life challenges that come with getting badly hurt.
Our team has knows how to get our clients’ maximum compensation for:
- Spinal cord injuries (SCI), which commonly occur when a car violently strikes and throws a pedestrian to the ground. SCIs can saddle victims and their families with millions of dollars in lifetime costs.
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI), which can happen in any pedestrian accident involving a blow to a pedestrian’s head or body. Even a “minor” TBI (also known as a concussion) can cause lasting physical, emotional, and cognitive struggles for victims.
- Facial and abrasion injuries, such as road rash, that frequently occur when a pedestrian accident sends a victim sliding along rough pavement or concrete. These injuries can inflict severe, long-lasting emotional trauma when they cause disfiguring scars.
- Broken bones and orthopedic injuries, which almost always happen in any Corona pedestrian accident. Even if these injuries heal with proper care, they can cause major pain, disruption, and expense in a victim’s life.
- Internal injuries, such as damage to vital organs or internal bleeding, which may cause life-threatening emergencies and permanent health complications.
As above, these are just a few examples of the many types of injuries we have the knowledge and skill to help clients address at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers. If you suffered a pedestrian accident injury in Corona, chances are we have experience helping our clients secure compensation for a similar injury. Contact us for a free consultation to learn how we might help you, too.
Know and Follow Pedestrian Laws in Corona
Every road user in Corona, including drivers and pedestrians, can keep themselves and others safe by knowing and following California’s pedestrian laws. The California Vehicle Code carefully explains the obligations drivers have to keep pedestrians safe on the road.
Those obligations include:
- A driver must always yield the right-of-way to a pedestrian crossing the road within a marked crosswalk or with an unmarked crosswalk at an intersection. That means the driver needs to stop or slow down the vehicle to allow a safe pedestrian crossing.
- When approaching a pedestrian using a marked or unmarked crosswalk, or walking along the side of a road without a sidewalk, a driver should always exercise due care and slow down or take any other necessary action to ensure the pedestrian’s safety.
In addition, the Corona Municipal Code bars drivers from entering any intersection or crosswalk in a manner that obstructs pedestrian traffic in any crosswalk, even if the driver has a green light to proceed through an intersection or into a crosswalk.
Of course, pedestrians also have important obligations to keep themselves safe when using Corona’s streets, and they should always try to cross a road only at designated crosswalks when they can see it’s safe to proceed.
Still, even a jaywalking pedestrian does not give up his or her right to have drivers exercise reasonable care to keep the pedestrian safe from harm. No motor vehicle should ever strike a pedestrian in Corona. When it happens, the team at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers is here to hold careless drivers and others at-fault accountable to the victims.
What to Do After a Pedestrian Accident in Corona
If you are the victim of a pedestrian accident in Corona, seek medical attention immediately, even if you don’t think you’ve suffered serious injuries. If you don’t receive medical attention at the scene of the accident itself, go directly to an emergency room or urgent care center for an examination as soon as possible. Only a trained medical professional can reliably evaluate whether you sustained injuries that require treatment.
By seeking medical care and following your doctor’s care plan, you also ensure that any injuries you did suffer are thoroughly and properly documented in your medical records. Those records may turn out to be critical in proving a claim for damages against the at-fault party for your Corona pedestrian accident. You also protect yourself against accusations by insurance adjusters and defense lawyers that you did not do enough to take care of yourself after the accident, which can undermine the value of your claim if your lawyer doesn’t have your medical records available to respond to them.
In addition to visiting a doctor right away, it may help to:
- Hold on to all documents you receive, and all physical items in your possession, that relate in any way to the pedestrian accident and your injuries. You never know what small piece of evidence may prove critical in your case.
- Avoid speaking with the at-fault party’s insurance company, no matter how friendly they act or how willing they seem to settle your potential claim. Instead, let an experienced lawyer handle all interactions with that insurance company on your behalf that’s the best way to get the most money possible for your injuries and losses.
Speak With Our Corona Pedestrian Accident Lawyers Today
If you or your loved one suffered injuries in a Corona pedestrian accident, you may receive significant financial compensation. To learn more about your rights, contact Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers at (951) 523-0000 for a free case consultation.
Yarian Pedestrian Accident Corona, CA Office Location1611 Pomona Rd #222
Corona, CA 92878
Phone: +1 951-523-0000