Fresno Personal Injury Law FirmFresno is a part of California’s Central Valley and is the county seat for Fresno County. The population of Fresno, as of 2017, is 527,438. It is the fifth-most populous city in California and has topped off as the 34th-most populous city in the United States.
Fresno is an economic hub for Fresno County and California’s San Joaquin Valley. Companies such as Zacky Farms, Simonian farms, Shamrock farms, California AG Today Media, Valley Yellow Pages, and others hire many truck drivers to transport their goods such as fruits, vegetables, poultry, and nuts to their consumers.
Tourism is also a huge industry in Fresno, as the city is located near several famous national parks. Fresno also has a serious traffic flow as it is a major gateway for Yosemite visitors coming from Los Angeles. The many highways and travelers coming to Fresno raise the risk of an auto accident or other related injuries due to negligence.
If you need to file a personal injury claim, it is in your best interest to contact an attorney at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC.
Serious Injury & Personal Injury Law Attorney in Fresno, California
Fresno has a healthy economic climate and an ever-growing population. However, the prosperity of the city’s economic trends can lead to Fresno residents becoming more prone to accidents by negligence. Individuals struggling with a negligence-related injury would best benefit from contacting an attorney at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC.
The Fresno attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC have handled personal injury and serious injury law claims for over twenty years. We know that the court system can be incredibly stressful and want to help you navigate the legal process.
Find a lawyer to suit your needs today. Call Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC or submit an online contact form today.
Overview of Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC‘s Fresno Meeting Location in California
- Accident Statistics
- Truck Accident Information
- Top Employers
- Law Enforcement
- Court Resources
- Additional Resources
Common Injuries Sustained in Fresno, California
The California Highway Patrol released a data report that stated 254,561 people were injured due to auto accidents in 2012. In addition to this, there were 3,435 fatalities due to car accidents. According to the National Practitioner Data Bank, California also makes up 9.5 percent of all United States medical malpractice claims.
Some common injuries that Fresno residents sustain include:
- Truck accidents
- Train accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Dog Bite Injuries
- Pedestrian accidents
- Commercial truck accident
Auto Accident Statistics in the City of Fresno, California
The state of California has the highest population of any state. In addition, California residents know that traffic in their state is very congested. Fresno’s many highways and constant tourism make it a hotbed for a car or truck collision on the highways and freeways.
Fresno Truck Accident Information
The city of Fresno is a hive for truck activity. Since several state routes and freeways serve Fresno, trucks are common in the Fresno area. In addition, Fresno’s economy is predominantly tied to large-scale agricultural production. This means there are many fruit and vegetable trucks transporting produce across the state of California.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) released a report in 2018 stating that there were a staggering 499,000 truck accidents. Of these numbers, there were 4,415 fatal crashes and 107,000 injuries incurred from the crashes. A person who has been injured due to negligence in a truck accident should contact the Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC attorneys.
Below are some common causes for truck accidents in Fresno, California.
- Driver’s fatigue
- Impaired drivers
- Construction zones
- Speeding or other forms of reckless driving
- Loss of cargo
- Wide turns by trucks
- U-turns by trucks
- Issues with traffic flow
- Debris on the road or freeway
Fresno’s Top Employers in California
Due to its increasing population, Fresno has become a hub for jobs and businesses. Additionally, rural cities surrounding Fresno are huge producers of agricultural goods in California and other states. Unfortunately the more employers there are in the Fresno area, the higher the risk of car accidents.
According to the City’s 2018 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the top employers in the city include:
- Community Medical Centers
- City of Fresno
- Saint Agnes Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- California State University, Fresno
- State Center Community College District
- Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation
- Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission
- AmeriGuard Security Services
- Guarantee Real Estate
- Geil Enterprises, Inc.
Law Enforcement Agencies and Resources in Fresno, California
- Fresno Police Department (FPD) – Jerry P. Dyer is the Chief of Police for the Fresno Police Department. The Department has 807 sworn officers and 406 non-sworn personnel. You can locate the FPD at 2323 Mariposa Mall in Fresno, California.
- Fresno County Sheriff’s Office – Margaret Mims has been the Fresno County Sheriff since January 1960. Mims is followed by two Associate Sheriffs, four Captains, and an Administrative Services Director. You can locate the Sheriff’s office at 2200 Fresno Street in Fresno, California.
- California Highway Patrol (CHP) – The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is dedicated to keeping the freeways of California safe for motorcyclists and drivers. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. appointed Warren A. Stanley as the 15th Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol. The department has 11,000 members. The southern location at 411 N. Central Avenue in Glendale California
- Fresno Fire Department (FDP) – Kerri L. Donis is the Fire Chief for the Fresno Fire Department and has been a 21-year veteran of the FFD. The Department strives to meet the city’s fire protection demands and be a positive force in the community. You can locate the FDP at 911 H. Street in Fresno, California.
Fresno Court Resources in California
- Fresno Civil Courts – The Superior Court of California County of Fresno handles civil disputes between private parties. The Civil Division of Fresno County Court handles monetary damage cases, injunctions and more. You can locate the Civil Court at 1130 O. Street in Fresno, California.
- Supreme Court of California – California’s highest court is the Supreme Court of California. California’s court system serves 39 million people, making it one of the largest and most complex in the United States. California’s Supreme Court has 1 Chief Justice and 6 Associate Justices.
- 5th District Court of Appeal – A Court of Appeals hears appeals from trial courts. The 5th District Court of Appeal is located in central California. There are 10 current Appellate Court Justices at the 5th District who have all been appointed by the governor. Unlike most District Courts, the 5th District operates with three panels, each panel sitting three justices. The Fifth District Court of Appeal is located at 2424 Ventura Street.
- City Attorney of Fresno – Douglas T. Sloan is the City Attorney for Fresno. The City Attorney’s Office represents and advises the City Council, Mayor, City boards and commissions, and City officials and departments concerning legal matters. You can locate the City Attorney at 2600 Fresno Street in Room 2031 in Fresno, California.
Local Transportation and Major Freeways in Fresno, California
Fresno is home to many State Routes that cut the city to major population centers in California Central Valley. In addition, there are numerous residential neighborhoods and urbanized areas in the city of Fresno. With so many modes of transportation, auto and truck accidents are a common occurrence in Fresno.
State Routes in Fresno:
- State Route 99 (SR 99 or Golden State Highway)
- State Route 180 (SR180 or King Canyon Freeway)
- State Route 41 (SR41, Yosemite Freeway or Eisenhower Freeway)
- State Route 168
Local Transportation in Fresno:
- Orange Belt Stages
- Handy Ride Paratransit Service
- Fresno Area Express
Education in Fresno, California
The Fresno Unified School District serves all public schools in the city of Fresno. It is California’s fourth-largest school district with 73,000 students enrolled as of 2017. It is governed by a Board of Education of seven and Superintendent Robert Nelson. With such a large student population, school accidents do happen in Fresno, California.
The following are some schools for Fresno Unified School District.
- Dailey Elementary School
- Roeding Elementary School
- Vang Pao Elementary School
- Norseman Elementary School
- Leavenworth Elementary School
- Turner Elementary School
- Gibson Elementary School
- Edison Elementary School
- Birney Elementary School
- Ayer Elementary School
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Yokomi Elementary School
- Ahwahnee Middle School
- Computech Middle School
- William John Cooper Academy
- Baird Middle School
- Scandinavian Middle School
- Wawona Middle School
- Yosemite Middle School
- Rutherford B. Gatson Middle School
- Lawless Middle School
- Bullard Talent Middle School
- Hoover High School
- McLane High School
- Roosevelt High School
- Sunnyside High School
- University High School
- The Center for Advanced Research and Technology
- Design Science High School
- Duncan Polytechnical High School
The attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC are experienced in all personal injury matters. We want to help you navigate these complex legal waters. The attorneys at Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC will evaluate your claim, and do our best to get you the compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Practices:
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Child Abuse
- Drowning and Pool Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- School Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Improperly Secured Loads
- Loss of Cargo
- Passenger Transportation Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Uber or Lyft Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Premise Liability
- Train and Metrolink Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
The City of Fresno – Visit the official website for the City of Fresno. Use the services offered by the city clerk, the city attorney, the city council and more. See more information regarding Fresno’s departments, such as the police force and fire protection. Lastly, take a look into the community of Fresno and what you can do in the city.
Civil Courts– Visit the website for the Superior Court of California regarding the County of Fresno. See some information on how the civil courts work, the different services, archives, small claims, and more. Review their frequently asked questions and local rules.
5th District Court of Appeal – Visit the website for the Fifth District of Appeal. See how it operates, who the Associate Judges and Presiding Judges are. Read the rules of court as they are updated. Finally, have access to the Fifth District’s self-help resources.
Looking for the Best Personal Injury in Fresno, California?
Are you in pain or have been injured due to an injury caused by someone else’s negligence? Don’t wait until the Insurance companies give you the runaround or your medical bills pile up. Get our legal team behind you to fight for the full compensation that you deserve and need. Our experienced staff and client-centered approach is what has helped us recover millions for our clients.
Call for your FREE consultation. There is never an obligation for you to hire our firm. However, time is of the essence. Delaying hiring an attorney can cost you time, money, and unnecessary stress. Call Yarian Accident & Injury Lawyers, APC to find out how we can best handle all your legal needs.