Visalia, CA 93291
The city of Visalia is the fifth largest city in the San Joaquin Valley, and is the 44th most populous city in California. Visalia has a population of 130,104 and serves as the county seat for Tulare County. The city is known for being a governmental and economic meeting point. It is also known as one of the most productive agricultural counties and centers in the United States.
Since Visalia has consistent traffic due to its governmental and economic status, the risk of injury due to negligence is high to residents. In addition, Visalia is near several famous Californian national parks such as Kings Canyon, Yosemite, and Sequoia. With these nearby attractions, Visalia also has many travelling tourists cutting through the city. The high population of residents and tourists make injuries more likely.
If a person is injured because of another’s negligence, it is recommended that he or she contact the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Visalia Personal Injury and Serious Injury Law Attorneys
The city of Visalia is one of the biggest agricultural hubs in California. Alongside this, many officials come to Visalia for governmental purposes as it is a county seat. The combination of both these factors increases the odds of injury or employee abuse for Visalia citizens.
Yarian & Associates, APC‘s attorneys are experienced in litigating and negotiating personal injury. The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC have been handling California civil court cases for over two decades. Our attorneys want to do everything we can to help navigate you through this difficult legal process. We understand that some legal issues can be overwhelming. Put yourself in the hands of attorneys who have been able to procure settlements of millions of dollars for our clients.
Yarian & Associates, APC accepts clients throughout the greater Los Angeles County and Tulare County area including nearby communities such as Long Beach, Pasadena, Fresno, Glendale, Los Angeles, Pasadena, Irvine, and Santa Monica.
Do not hesitate to get what you deserve. Contact us at (844) 291-1911 and talk to an experienced personal injury attorney today.
Overview of Yarian & Associates, APC‘s Visalia Meeting Location in California
- Common Injuries
- Accident Statistics
- UBER and LYFT
- Top Employers
- Law Enforcement
- Court Resources
- Additional Resources
Common Injuries Sustained in Visalia, California
Injury is a sad reality for Visalia and other Californians. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there were 3,623 Californian traffic fatalities in 2016. Of that number, 548 were motorcyclists and 1,059 were attributed to driving under the influence.
The Washington Post reported that medical errors are also a commonplace today, they account for nearly 251,000 deaths annually. This makes medical malpractice the third leading cause of death in the United States.
Some common injuries that Visalia residents sustain include:
- Premise liability accidents
- Train accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bus accidents
- Medical malpractice
Auto Accident Statistics and Information in the City of Visalia, California
Visalia California has several major freeways running through the city. It also is home to several public transportation companies that operate motor vehicles and trains to carry Visalia residents around. Visalia’s high rate of traffic gives rise to accidents caused by negligence.
The following are some common causes for auto-related accidents in Visalia, California.
- Driver’s fatigue
- Icy or wet roads and bridges
- Unsafe lane changes
- Vehicle defects or faulty maintenance
- Improper turns
- Inclement weather
- Driving under the influence
- Distracted driving
- Tire blowouts
- Medical conditions during driving
- Loose debris in the road
Below are some Visalia auto-accident statistics collected by the California Office of Traffic Safety for the year of 2015.
Type of Collision
Number of Victims Injured or Killed
|Alcohol Involved Accidents||73|
|Alcohol Involved Accidents with a Minor||4|
|Pedestrian Accidents with a Minor||6|
|Pedestrian Accidents with an Elder||4|
|Bicyclist Accidents with a Minor||9|
|Night Time-Related Accidents||47|
|Hit and Run||22|
|Total Killed and Injured||661|
Visalia UBER of LYFT Accident Information
Uber has grown into a large part of American lives over the last few years. It currently accounts for over 40 million rides monthly. Irvine, California is familiar with Uber and LYFT due to all its tourist destinations and nightlife. However, determining liability for an injury from an Uber or LYFT-related accident can be difficult.
There are three different periods during an Uber driver’s time on the clock. Each period has a certain amount of liability insurance that coincides with it. These periods include:
- Period 1 – When the driver is active, has the app open, and is waiting for a passenger to match with him or her. During this period rideshare companies must provide $50,000 for death and personal injury per person, $100,00 for death and personal injury per incidents, and $30,000 for property damages.
- Period 2 –When the Uber or LYFT driver has accepted a passenger match but has not yet picked up their passenger. During this period rideshare companies are required to provide primary commercial insurance coverage of $1 million.
- Period 3 –When the driver has picked up the passenger. This lasts until the passenger completely exits the vehicle. During this period rideshare companies are required to provide coverage of $1 million.
It can be complex to determine liability in a ridesharing accident. It ultimately boils down to whether the Uber driver is considered an independent contractor or a regular employee. If they are an independent contractor they are commonly held liable for the accidents. However, if they are employees of the company the liability will be directed towards the ridesharing company.
Visalia Top Employers in California
Most of Visalia’s economy is made up of agriculture production, distribution, and manufacturing facilities. The city of Visalia is also known for its light manufacturing and industrial or commercial light distribution.
According to the Visalia economic Development Corporation, the top ten employers in Visalia in 2013 include:
- Tulare County
- Kaweah Delta Medical Center
- College of the Sequoias
- Family Healthcare Network
- The City of Visalia
- Version Franchise (VF)
- International Paper
- Visalia Medical Clinic
Law Enforcement Agencies and Resources in Visalia, California
- Visalia Police Department – Jason Salazar is the Chief of Police for the Visalia Police Department. The Department has more than 200 members and is committed to providing public safety services to Visalia’s community. You can locate the Visalia Police Department at 303 S. Johnson Street in Visalia.
- Tulare County Sheriff – Mike Boudreaux is the appointed Sheriff for Tulare County. The Sheriff is followed by one Undersheriff, two Assistant Sheriffs, and six Captains. You can locate the Tulare County Sheriff at 204 West Burrel Avenue in Visalia, California
- California Highway Patrol (CHP) – The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is dedicated to keeping the freeways of California safe for motorcyclists and drivers. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. appointed Warren A. Stanley as the 15th Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol. The department has 11,000 members. The southern location at 411 N. Central Avenue in Glendale California
- Visalia Fire Department – Doug McBee is the Fire Chief for the Visalia Fire Department. The Visalia Fire Department has 109 personnel who are all trained in fire suppression in some way. You can locate the Visalia Fire Department at 420 North Burke Street in Visalia, California.
Visalia Court Resources in California
- Visalia Civil Courts – The Superior Court of California County of Tulare handles civil issues handled between private parties. The Civil Division of Visalia County Court handles injunctions, monetary damage cases, and more. You can locate the Visalia Civil Court at 221 South Mooney Boulevard in Room 201.
- Supreme Court of California – California’s highest court is the Supreme Court of California. The California’s court system serves 39 million people, making it one of the largest and most complex in the United States. California’s Supreme Court has 1 Chief Justice and 6 Associate Justices.
- 5th District Court of Appeal – A Court of Appeals hears appeals from trial courts. The 5th District Court of Appeal is located in central California. There are 10 current Appellate Court Justices at the 5th District who have all been appointed by the governor. Unlike most District Courts, the 5th District operates with three panels, each panel sitting three justices. The Fifth District Court of Appeal is located at 2424 Ventura Street.
- City Attorney of Visalia – Kenneth J. Richardson is the appointed city attorney in Visalia. Richardson has substantial experience in representing California municipalities in the area of land use and planned redevelopment, economic development, code enforcement, and more. You can locate the city attorney at 220 North Santa Fe Street in Visalia, California.
Major Freeways and Local Transportation in Visalia, California
Visalia is bordering several major National Parks and has several major highways intersecting through the city. Likewise, there are several public transportation companies that operate in Visalia. Visalia’s city location and heavy traffic raise the risk of injury due to negligence for citizens.
The following are some freeways and local transportation in the city of Visalia, California.
- State Route 99 (SR 99 or Golden State Highway)
- State Route 198 (SR 198)
- State Route 216 (SR 216)
- State Route 63 (SR 63)
- Visalia Transit
- Tulare County Area Transit (TCat)
- The Loop
The Visalia Unified School District (VUSD) is one of the oldest school districts in Tulare County. JIt covers 214 miles, including 26 elementary schools, four middle schools, and four high schools. VUSD serves an area of over 135,000 people and currently has 32,000 students enrolled. Todd Oto is the Superintendent of the Visalia Unified School District.
A few schools that operate in VUSD include:
- Linwood Elementary School
- Annie R. Mitchell Elementary School
- Conyer Elementary School
- Shannon Ranch Elementary School
- Veva Blunt Elementary School
- Willow Glen Elementary School
- Hurley Elementary School
- Four Creeks Elementary School
- Elbow Creek Elementary School
- Divisadero Middle School
- La Joya Middle School
- Green Acres Middle School
- Valley Oak Middle School
- Golden West High School
- Sequoia High School
- Redwood High School
- El Diamante High School
- Whitney High School
The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC understand and want to guide you through California civil law. Yarian & Associates, APC practices both personal injury and employment law in the city of Irvine and surrounding areas. We have decades of experience and passion for our work. The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC will evaluate your claim, file it for you, and do our best to get you the maximum compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Practices:
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Child Abuse
- Drowning and Pool Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- School Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Improperly Secured Loads
- Loss of Cargo
- Passenger Transportation Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Uber or Lyft Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Premise Liability
- Train and Metrolink Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
Employment Law Practices:
- Wrongful Termination
- Termination after Disability
- Overtime Violations
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Racial Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Worker’s Compensation
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Hostile Work Environment
The City of Visalia – Visit the official website for the City of Visalia and see more ready information for residents and visitors. See the businesses that reside in Visalia, the City Council and their calendar, differing kinds of water conservation, and other frequently asked questions.
Visalia Civil Court – Visit the official website for the Superior Court of California for the County of Tulare. Read more into what is recommended in a civil court case, the updated procedures, and access to forms and filings for civil court proceedings.
Find a Personal Injury & Employment Law Attorney in Visalia, California
Are you suffering from an injury caused by negligence in Visalia, California? Whether you were just involved in an accident, or are looking for the best personal injury law firm in Visalia, you should call the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC. We have been named one of the 10 best Attorneys in California by the American Institute of Personal Injury Attorneys. In addition, Levik Yarian, our founder has received extensive recognition within his field and has been named “Super Lawyer” for 3 years in a row, based on peer reviews and professional accomplishments. Mr. Yarian is also a member of the esteemed Multi-Million Dollar Advocates Forum, which includes fewer than 1% of U.S. Attorneys. Do not take another moment. Call the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Our attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC are experienced in handling personal injury cases. We are passionate and dedicated to our clients. It can be a difficult process to file a claim, and it’s important that you have someone on your side. Let us be that person. The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC file claims for clients throughout the California Central District Court and nearby cities including Glendale, San Bernardino, Irvine, Pasadena, Los Angeles, Long Beach, Irvine, Riverside, and Beverly Hills.
Be proactive on your claim. Call (844) 291-1911 or submit an online inquiry form for a free consultation with a personal injury today.
This article was last updated on June 27th, 2018.