Irvine, CA 92614
The city of Irvine is a part of Orange County, California and has a population of 212,375. Originally, the city was planned to be divided by different “villages” or townships. It is home to a number of corporations, especially in the technology and semiconductor sectors. Irvine is also home to many higher educational institutions and schools.
Irvine has been rated one of the top cities to start a business. It has a strong and growing economy that has helped make Orange County one of the fastest growing job markets. Several major highways pass through Irvine as well as several main streets. With such a booming economy and extensive road and freeways there is a high chance of negligence related personal injury or truck accidents.
If you need an attorney to file a personal injury or employment law claim, call the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Irvine Personal Injury & Serious Injury Attorneys
Irvine has had a huge population boost, with a 25 percent increase in just five years. A larger population means more of a chance for accidents. Any individual who is in need of a personal injury law attorney, is recommended to contact the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC have over twenty years of experience. We are knowledgeable of California civil court laws and have successfully handled numerous personal injury and serious injury cases. Our lawyers are dedicated to their profession. Yarian & Associates, APC procured settlements in the millions for our clients who were hurt by another’s negligence. We want to do all we can to help you get what you deserve. The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC represent clients throughout the greater Central California District Court area and nearby communities including Visalia, Irvine, Riverside, Glendale, Los Angeles, Riverside, and Pasadena.
Call (844) 291-1911 or submit an online contact form to have a free consultation today.
Overview of Yarian & Associates, APC‘s Irvine Meeting Location in California
- Common Injuries
- Accident Statistics
- UBER and LYFT
- Top Employers
- Law Enforcement
- Court Resources
- Additional Resources
Common Injuries Sustained in Irvine, California
According to the California Office of Traffic Safety that in 2016 there were a total of 891 auto accident crashes in Irvine. These statistics do not even outline pedestrian accidents, bicycle and motorcycle accidents, and various other incidents in Irvine.
Injury is high risk when living in a metropolitan area. Some common injuries in Irvine, California include:
- Pedestrian accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premise liability accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Medical malpractice
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Train accidents
Auto Accident Statistics and Information in Irvine, California
Auto accidents are a sad reality in Irvine, California. Despite traffic cameras and ground sensors implemented in the city, drivers still act recklessly. Exacerbating this, there are a few main highways for Californians that run through Irvine. All of these factors combined raise the risk of auto accidents for Irvine residents and visitors.
The following are some common causes for auto-related accidents in Irvine, California.
- Distracted driving
- Driver’s fatigue
- Driving under the Influence
- Icy or wet roads and bridges
- Unsafe lane changes
- Tire blowouts
- Medical conditions during driving
- Loose debris in the road
- Inclement weather
- Improper Turns
- Vehicle defects or faulty maintenance
Below are some Irvine auto-accident statistics collected by the California Office of Traffic Safety for the year of 2015.
Type of Collision
Number of Victims Injured or Killed
|Alcohol Involved Accidents||87|
|Alcohol Involved Accidents with a Minor||8|
|Pedestrian Accidents with a Minor||7|
|Pedestrian Accidents with a Elder||4|
|Bicyclist Accidents with a Minor||19|
|Night Time-Related Accidents||91|
|Hit and Run||55|
|Total Killed and Injured||859|
San Bernardino Uber or LYFT Accidents Information
Uber has grown into a large part of American lives over the last few years. It currently accounts for over 40 million rides monthly. Irvine, California is familiar with Uber and LYFT due to all its tourist destinations and night life. However, determining liability for an injury from an Uber or LYFT-related accident can be difficult.
There are three different periods during an Uber driver’s time on the clock. Each period has a certain amount of liability insurance that coincides with it. These periods include:
- Period 1 – When the driver is active, has the app open, and is waiting for a passenger to match with him or her. During this period rideshare companies must provide $50,000 for death and personal injury per person, $100,00 for death and personal injury per incidents, and $30,000 for property damages.
- Period 2 –When the Uber or LYFT driver has accepted a passenger match but has not yet picked up their passenger. During this period rideshare companies are required to provide primary commercial insurance coverage of $1 million.
- Period 3 –When the driver has picked up the passenger. This lasts until the passenger completely exits the vehicle. During this period rideshare companies are required to provide coverage of $1 million.
It can be complex to determine liability in a ridesharing accident. It ultimately boils down to whether the Uber driver is considered an independent contractor or regular employee. If they are a independent contractor they are commonly held liable for the accidents. However, if they are employees of the company the liability will be directed towards the ridesharing company.
Irvine’s Top Employers in California
Irvine has a fast-growing economy that doesn’t seem to be slowing down anytime soon. Jobs are very common between the population boost, increase in tourism, increase in start-up businesses, and the recent usage of the city as the set location for film projects.
However, with such a healthy economy there are downsides. More employees mean more of a chance for employers to misuse, abuse, harass, or commit illegal practices.
The top employers according to the city’s 2016 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report include:
- University of California, Irvine
- Irvine Unified School District
- Blizzard Entertainment
- Broadcom Corporation
- Edwards Lifesciences
- Parker Hannifin
- Nationstar Mortgage
- Glidewell Laboratories
- 24 Hour Fitness
- Thales Avionics
Law Enforcement Agencies and Resources in Irvine, California
- Irvine Police Department (IPD) – Mike Hamel is the Chief of Police for the Irvine Police Department and is in charge of maintaining peace and lowering the crime rate for 22 residential communities and 18 schools within the Irvine Unified School District. The Department is located at 1 Civic Center Plaza in Irvine, California.
- Orange County Sheriff’s Department – Sandra Hutchens is the Sheriff-Coroner for Orange County. She is followed by one Undersheriff, three Assistant Sheriffs, and four Commanders. You can find the Orange County Sheriff’s Department at 550 North Flower Street in Santa Ana, California
- California Highway Patrol (CHP) – The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is dedicated to keeping the freeways of California safe for motorcyclists and drivers. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. appointed Warren A. Stanley as the 15th Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol. The department has 11,000 members. The southern location at 411 N. Central Avenue in Glendale California
- Orange County Fire Authority – Brian Fennessy is the Fire Chief for the Orange County Fire Authority and is followed by two Assistant Fire Chiefs. Orange County Fire Authority is devoted to provide fire protection and support the needs of Orange County citizens. The Department serves 23 cities and all unincorporated areas.
City of Irvine Court Resources in California
Irvine is a charter city, which means they can create their own laws under their own charter and not the general laws of the state. The city of Irvine operates under a Council and Manger form of government. All civil courts are handled at the Superior Court of California Orange County.
- Irvine Civil Courts – The City of Irvine provides civil courts for private parties to evaluate and resolve disputes. Irvine’s civil courts are handled at the Superior Court of California under the Orange Count branch at 700 Civic Center West, Santa Anna.
- 4th District Court of Appeal -A Court of Appeals hears appeals from lower courts. The 4th District Court of Appeal is very large and divided into three divisions. San Bernardino is located in Division Two for the District Court of Appeal. Each division has a Presiding Justice and an Administrative Presiding Justice for the entire Fourth District. The Fourth District Court of Appeal is located at 3389 12th
- Supreme Court of California – California’s highest court is the Supreme Court of California. The California’s court system serves 39 million people, making it one of the largest and most complex in the United States. California’s Supreme Court has 1 Chief Justice and 6 Associate Justices.
Local Transportation and Major Freeways in the Irvine, California
Irvine is a hub for upcoming businesses and tourism. Streets and intersections are crisscrossed throughout the city, as well as major highways and major traffic arteries. With all these developments, Irvine is prone to auto accidents.
The following are some freeways and local transportation in the city of Irvine, California.
Freeways and State Roads:
- Interstate 5 (I-5)
- Interstate 405 (San Diego Freeway)
- State Route 73 (SR 73)
- State Route 133 (Laguna Freeway or SR 133)
- State Route 241 (SR 241)
- State Route 261 (SR 261)
- ACCESS by OCTA
- IE-OC Line
- Pacific Surfliner
- Burlington Northern Santa Fe Railway Company (BNSD)
Irvine’s Education in California
The Irvine Unified School District (IUSD) serves the city of Irvine with 34,000 students enrolled. It is composed of 22 elementary schools, 6 middle schools, and 6 high schools with a faculty of 1,271. With so many schools and students to monitor, school accidents occur commonly in Irvine.
A few schools that operate in IUSD include:
- Brywood Elementary School
- Greentree Elementary School
- Meadow Park Elementary School
- Plaza Vista Elementary School
- Westpark Elementary School
- Canyon View Elementary School
- Alderwood Elementary School
- Stone Creek Elementary School
- Turtle Rock Elementary School
- Santiago Hills Elementary School
- Lakeside Middle School
- South Lake Middle School
- Vista Verde Middle School
- James Irvine Intermediate
- Jeffrey Trail Middle School
- Plaza Vista Middle School
- Creekside High School
- Irvine High School
- Woodbridge High School
- San Joaquin High School
- University High School
- Northwood High School
- Portola High School
Irvine is also home to several higher education facilities. A few colleges and universities that operate in Irvine, California include:
- University of California, Irvine
- California Southern University
- Paramount California University,
- Irvine Valley College
- Stanbridge University
- Chapman University
- Concordia University,
- Soka University of America
The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC understand and want to guide you through California civil law. Yarian & Associates, APC practices both personal injury and employment law in the city of Irvine and surrounding areas. We have decades of experience and passion for our work. The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC will evaluate your claim, file it for you, do our best to get the compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Practices:
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Child Abuse
- Drowning and Pool Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- School Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Improperly Secured Loads
- Loss of Cargo
- Passenger Transportation Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Uber or Lyft Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Premise Liability
- Train and Metrolink Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
Employment Law Practices:
- Wrongful Termination
- Termination after Disability
- Overtime Violations
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Racial Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Worker’s Compensation
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Hostile Work Environment
City of Irvine – Visit the website for the City of Irvine and learn all about the tourist attractions available, different departments and forms for governmental services, the different citywide facilities, the various news and media companies, and how to contact the city of Irvine itself.
Orange County Civil Courts – Visit the website for the Superior Court of California County of Orange. See the different forms and filing available to Irvine residents, procedures on filing claims, the different divisions for the Superior Court, and online services available.
Find a Personal Injury & Employment
Did you just get into an accident? Are you currently or have been previously injured due to another’s negligence? Are you unsure on your next step? If so, contact the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Our attorneys have decades of experience in filing claims for California residence. We have been able to procure millions of dollars in settlements in prior cases. Do not hesitate to do what is right, when it comes to getting what you deserve. There is no reason to suffer unconditionally. Have our attorneys file a claim for you today. Yarian & Associates, APC practices law throughout the greater Orange County and Los Angeles County area including adjoining communities such as Los Angeles, Glendale, Long Beach, San Bernardino, Riverside, Visalia, Pasadena, Burbank and Santa Monica.
Let us be your first step to regaining your life. Call Yarian & Associates, APC or submit an online form for a free consultation with a personal injury lawyer today.
This article was last updated on June 26th, 2018.