Fresno, CA 93704
The city of Fresno is a part of California’s Central Valley and is the county seat for Fresno County. The population of Fresno, as of 2017, is 527,438. It is the fifth-most populous city in California and has topped off as the 34th-most populous city in the United States.
Fresno is an economic hub for Fresno County and California’s San Joaquin Valley. Companies such as Zacky Farms, Simonian farms, Shamrock farms, California AG Today Media, Valley Yellow Pages, and others hire a multitude of truck drivers to transport their goods such as fruits, vegetables, poultry and nuts to their consumers.
Tourism is also a huge industry in Fresno, as the city is located near several famous national parks. Fresno also has a serious traffic flow as it is a major gateway for Yosemite visitors coming from Los Angeles. The many highways and travelers coming to Fresno raise the risk of auto accident or other related injuries due to negligence.
If you are in need to file a personal injury claim, it is in your best interest to contact an attorney at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Serious Injury & Personal Injury Law Attorney in Fresno, California
Fresno has a healthy economic climate and an ever-growing population. However, the prosperity of the economic trends for the city can lead to Fresno residents becoming more prone to accidents by negligence. Individuals who are struggling with a negligence-related injury would best benefit to contact an attorney at Yarian & Associates, APC.
The Fresno attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC have handled personal injury and serious injury law claims for over twenty years. Our attorneys are knowledgeable of California civil court laws. We know that the court system can be incredibly stressful and want to help navigate you through the legal process.
Yarian & Associates, APC files claims for clients throughout the greater California Central District Court area including surrounding cities such as Glendale, Visalia, Long Beach, San Bernardino, Irvine, Riverside, and Los Angeles.
Find a lawyer to suit your needs today. Call Yarian & Associates, APC or submit an online contact form today.
Overview of Yarian & Associates, APC‘s Fresno Meeting Location in California
- Accident Statistics
- Truck Accident Information
- Top Employers
- Law Enforcement
- Court Resources
- Additional Resources
Common Injuries Sustained in Fresno, California
The California Highway Patrol released a data report that stated 254,561 people were injured due to auto accidents in 2012. In addition to this, there were 3,435 fatalities due to car accidents. California also makes up 9.5 percent of all United States medical malpractice claims according to the National Practitioner Data Bank.
Some common injuries that Fresno residents sustain include:
- Truck accidents
- Train accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Premise liability accidents
- Pedestrian accidents
- Medical malpractice
Auto Accident Statistics in the City of Fresno, California
The state of California has the highest population of any state. In addition, Californian residents know that traffic in their state is very congested. Fresno’s many highways and constant tourism makes it a hot bed for a car or truck collision on roads and freeways.
The following are statistics released by the California Office of Traffic Safety in 2015 for Fresno, California.
Type of Collision
Victims Killed & Injured
|Alcohol Involved Accidents||196|
|Alcohol Involved Accidents with a Minor||7|
|Pedestrian Accidents with a Minor||18|
|Pedestrian Accidents with a Elder||14|
|Bicyclist Accidents with a Minor||11|
|Night Time Related Accidents||148|
|Hit and Run||140|
|Total Killed and Injured||1,788|
Fresno Truck Accident Information
The city of Fresno is a hive for truck activity. Since Fresno is served by several state routes and freeways, trucks are a common sight in the Fresno area. In addition, Fresno’s economy is predominantly tied to large-scale agricultural production. This means there are many fruit and vegetable trucks transporting produce across the state of California.
The Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration (FMCSA) released a report in 2016 stating that there were a staggering 475,000 truck accidents. Of these numbers, there were 3,684 fatal crashes and 104,000 injuries incurred from the crashes. A person who has been injured due to negligence in a truck accident should contact the attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Below are some common causes for truck accidents in Fresno, California.
- Driver’s fatigue
- Impaired drivers
- Construction zones
- Speeding or other forms of reckless driving
- Loss of cargo
- Wide turns by trucks
- U-turns by trucks
- Issues with traffic flow
- Debris on the road or freeway
Fresno’s Top Employers in California
Due to its increasing population, Fresno has become a hub for jobs and businesses. Additionally, rural cities surrounding Fresno are huge producers for agricultural goods in California and other states. Unfortunately the more employers there are in the Fresno area, the higher the risk of employee abuse happening to its citizens.
According to the City’s 2015 Comprehensive Annual Financial Report, the top employers in the city include:
- Community Medical Centers
- City of Fresno
- Saint Agnes Medical Center
- Kaiser Permanente
- California State University, Fresno
- State Center Community College District
- Cargill Meat Solutions Corporation
- Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission
- AmeriGuard Security Services
- Guarantee Real Estate
- Geil Enterprises, Inc.
Law Enforcement Agencies and Resources in Fresno, California
- Fresno Police Department (FPD) – Jerry P. Dyer is the Chief of Police for the Fresno Police Department. The Department has 807 sworn officers and 406 non-sworn personnel. You can locate the FPD at 2323 Mariposa Mall in Fresno, California.
- Fresno County Sheriff’s Office – Margaret Mims has been the Fresno County Sheriff since January 1960. Mims is followed by two Associate Sheriffs, four Captains, and an Administrative Services Director. You can locate the Sheriff’s office at 2200 Fresno Street in Fresno, California.
- California Highway Patrol (CHP) – The California Highway Patrol (CHP) is dedicated to keeping the freeways of California safe for motorcyclists and drivers. Governor Edmund G. Brown Jr. appointed Warren A. Stanley as the 15th Commissioner of the California Highway Patrol. The department has 11,000 members. The southern location at 411 N. Central Avenue in Glendale California
- Fresno Fire Department (FDP) – Kerri L. Donis is the Fire Chief for the Fresno Fire Department and has been a 21-year veteran of the FFD. The Department strives to meet the fire protection demands of the city and to be a positive force in the community. You can locate the FDP at 911 H. Street in Fresno, California.
Fresno Court Resources in California
- Fresno Civil Courts – The Superior Court of California County of Fresno handles civil disputes between private parties. The Civil Division of Fresno County Court handles monetary damage cases, injunctions and more. You can locate the Civil Court at 1130 O. Street in Fresno, California.
- Supreme Court of California – California’s highest court is the Supreme Court of California. The California’s court system serves 39 million people, making it one of the largest and most complex in the United States. California’s Supreme Court has 1 Chief Justice and 6 Associate Justices.
- 5th District Court of Appeal – A Court of Appeals hears appeals from trial courts. The 5th District Court of Appeal is located in central California. There are 10 current Appellate Court Justices at the 5th District who have all been appointed by the governor. Unlike most District Courts, the 5th District operates with three panels, each panel sitting three justices. The Fifth District Court of Appeal is located at 2424 Ventura Street.
- City Attorney of Fresno – Douglas T. Sloan is the City Attorney for Fresno. The City Attorney’s Office represents and advises the City Council, Mayor, City boards and commissions, and City officials and departments concerning legal matters. You can locate the City Attorney at 2600 Fresno Street in Room 2031 in Fresno, California.
Local Transportation and Major Freeways in Fresno, California
Fresno is home to many State Routes that cut the city to major population centers in California Central Valley. Alongside this, there are numerous residential neighborhoods and urbanized areas in the city of Fresno. With so many modes of transportation, auto and truck accidents are common in Fresno.
- State Route 99 (SR 99 or Golden State Highway)
- State Route 180 (SR180 or King Canyon Freeway)
- State Route 41 (SR41, Yosemite Freeway or Eisenhower Freeway)
- State Route 168
- Orange Belt Stages
- Handy Ride Paratransit Service
- Fresno Area Express
Education in Fresno, California
The Fresno Unified School District serves all public schools in the city of Fresno. It is California’s fourth largest school district with 73,000 students enrolled as of 2017. It is governed by a Board of Education of seven and Superintendent Robert Nelson. With such a large student population, school accidents do happen in Fresno, California.
The following are some school for Fresno Unified School District.
- Dailey Elementary School
- Roeding Elementary School
- Vang Pao Elementary School
- Norseman Elementary School
- Leavenworth Elementary School
- Turner Elementary School
- Gibson Elementary School
- Edison Elementary School
- Birney Elementary School
- Ayer Elementary School
- Jefferson Elementary School
- Yokomi Elementary School
- Ahwahnee Middle School
- Computech Middle School
- William John Cooper Academy
- Baird Middle School
- Scandinavian Middle School
- Wawona Middle School
- Yosemite Middle School
- Rutherford B. Gatson Middle School
- Lawless Middle School
- Bullard Talent Middle School
- Hoover High School
- McLane High School
- Roosevelt High School
- Sunnyside High School
- University High School
- The Center for Advanced Research and Technology
- Design Science High School
- Duncan Polytechnical High School
The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC are experienced in California civil law. Yarian & Associates, APC practices both personal injury and employment law in the city of Fresno and its surrounding areas, such as Visalia and Tulare county. We want to help you navigate these complex legal waters. The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC will evaluate your claim, and do our best to get you the compensation you deserve.
Personal Injury Practices:
- Wrongful Death
- Brain Injury
- Burn Injury
- Child Abuse
- Drowning and Pool Accidents
- Construction Accidents
- Nursing Home Abuse
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- Birth Injuries
- Child Injuries
- Medical Malpractice
- School Accidents
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Head-On Collisions
- Improperly Secured Loads
- Loss of Cargo
- Passenger Transportation Accidents
- Rideshare Accidents
- Rear-End Collisions
- Bus Accidents
- Commercial Vehicle Accidents
- Train Accidents
- Uber or Lyft Accidents
- Slip and Fall
- Construction Accidents
- Negligent Security
- Premise Liability
- Train and Metrolink Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
Employment Law Practices:
- Wrongful Termination
- Termination after Disability
- Overtime Violations
- Sexual Orientation Discrimination
- Gender Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Racial Discrimination
- Pregnancy Discrimination
- Age Discrimination
- Worker’s Compensation
- Sexual Harassment
- Wage and Hour Violations
- Hostile Work Environment
The City of Fresno – Visit the official website for the City of Fresno. Use the services offered by the city clerk, the city attorney, the city council and more. See more information regarding Fresno’s departments such as the police force and fire protection. Lastly, take look into the community of Fresno and what you can do in the city.
Civil Courts– Visit the website for the Superior Court of California, regarding the County of Fresno. See some information on how the civil courts work, the different services, archives, and small claims, and more. Review their frequently asked questions and local rules.
5th District Court of Appeal – Visit the website for the Fifth District of Appeal. See how it operates, who the Associate Judges and Presiding Judges are. Read the rules of court as they are updated. Finally have access to the Fifth District’s self help resources.
Find a Personal Injury or Employment Law Attorney in Fresno, California
Are you in pain or were in pain due to an injury by someone else’s negligence? Have you been the target of employee abuse, mistreatment, harassment, or retaliated for reporting illegal activity by your employer? If so, it is important that you get in contact with an attorney at Yarian & Associates, APC.
Our attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC have two decades worth of experience in filing claims for California civil courts. We want you to get what you deserve and do all we can to help you get there. The attorneys at Yarian & Associates, APC are dedicated to their clients and profession. We have even been able to obtain millions of dollars in settlements in past cases. Yarian & Associates, APC is located throughout the California Central District Court area including adjoining cities such as Beverly Hills, San Bernardino, Visalia, Glendale, Pasadena, Los Angeles, Burbank, and Visalia.
Dial (844) 291-1911 or submit an online contact form for a free consultation on your case today.
This article was last updated on June 26st, 2018.